Sunday, September 20, 2015

Digital Blog Post #B Chapter 2

As I was reading chapter two, there were concepts that popped out at me. So instead of just typing them out, I put them into a simple Prezi that is down below.


I grew up with technology all around me and I have seen the major impact it has in this world. I have seen in being incorporated into the classroom, as well as not. It was interesting to see which of my teachers used the technology they had available and which ones did not. Growing up I did not fully understand why every teacher I had did not use it. After reading chapter two I understand that know.

When I become a teacher, I want to be in tune with my students and teach them they way that they learn best. I want them to understand that there are many different ways to do one thing, as long as the end result comes out the same. I understand that every student that will come into my classroom will be different. Every teacher is going to be different. One will like to teach this way, and another will want to teach the exact opposite. I put in this photo below to show us that everything looks, thinks, speaks, and acts differently. That is okay because it is what makes us, us!



Resources:

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.

(2015, September 1). Retrieved September 21, 2015, from https://eilisheats.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/be-different.jpg 

1 comment:

  1. You captured your perspectives nicely in the Prezi - and I think the Prezi visual can be a great organizer for students who prefer that learning modality rather than the focus on written text (i.e., outline). Plus the interactivity of moving the Prezi around from place to place provides an additional engagement feature. Unfortunately, taking photos from a blog or any other website without it being specifically labelled as Creative Commons licensed or public domain is at risk of violating copyright law so all need to be licensed CC or in the public domain (and this one isn't! Please see my tutorial on how to find and use a CC licensed photo in the content/assignment pages - or let me know if you have a question).

    ReplyDelete